Create Account

Change is good...

(This post was last modified: 14-08-2016, 04:17 PM by D. Charnock.)

Good afternoon,

To many, I am a name and a voice that many wont even know due to my recent absences. For those people, in the recent couple of weeks I have been your acting Company Commander, having worked up from private joining December last year. Having worked from the bottom is a characteristic that every member above you has - they all began as privates and something that should not be dismissed of.

However situations arise beyond our control which inhibit the amount of time and dedication that such a position, and thus unit, deserves. It is unfair to have the head of the unit not leading by example in terms of attendance and availability. I therefore announce my resignation as Officer Commanding, Alma Company, effective immediately, and announce CSgt. Siddy as my successor, substantiated to the rank of Major. Maj. Siddy has been dedicated to the unit, without fault, for its existence and takes a lot of pride on what it has become 

Of course this will mean further promotions lower down the chain, and many new opportunities for deserving members. Change is good, and refreshing to what could be a stagnant and inward facing unit. Concerns have been raised that future expansion for some people may be being prioritised above the current members. I would like to outline at this time that this is not the case. The unit is nothing without privates and JNCOs that subside over them - you are the building blocks and everything good that the unit represents and will never be treated second to what is to come. Of course, thoughts of expansion are important in the minds of the higher echelons, because thorough thought and planning needs to be made to make the correct decisions for the benefit of the entire unit.

To sign off, I would like to the thank the tireless commitment that your superiors put in to make the unit run. Many hours, both in and outside the game, are dedicated with the intention to give an enjoyable experience. We wont always make the right decision, but myself, and now Maj. Siddy and his command team, strive to make each operation, and therefore each member, an important and imperative part of what we have here at the 4th.

With kind regards and best wishes,
Capt. D. Charnock, Ret.
Former Officer Commanding, Alma Company.
Unit Continued Support Ribbon

I will be here in 14 months time awaiting your return!

Don't be a stranger!
Operation SAMARITAN
3 Month Service Ribbon
Unit Continued Support Ribbon
Operation CHIEFTAIN
Operation SAMSON

good luck in the future man, hope to see you back some day Wink
Operation SAMARITAN
6 Month Service Ribbon
Meritorious Service Ribbon
Operation SAMSON

All the best, come back soon!!