Create Account

Nerds can´t have fun.

(This post was last modified: 01-05-2019, 05:41 PM by O. Russell.)

I really like the new DLC, but it is a little bit tedious to play. You have to quicksave a lot if you want to make any progress in the campaign, as you will instantly die sometimes without any warning. Due to the fact both sides use webbing with no body armour...a single shot will kill you. The grenades also feel a little...bouncy? Like try throwing one. They fucking launch into space. I really like the map, assets and so forth. The potato gun is a nice little easter egg as well.

Personal preference, I wish I could get the spoken bits in English. I don't speak German - meaning I have to read the subtitles if I want to know what is going on. Again - some people might prefer it the other way so its just a little personal thing. I want to be able to look at the map and assets while listening to the briefing...not read the subtitles.

Another issue I have is the vehicles don't have their hulls modelled. I like being able to look around the inside of the vehicle I am in, rather than being stuck looking through weapon sighs and optics.

Finally - atmosphere. It's flawless...like running around with the perfect visuals, watching the amazing reload animations (the one for the MG3 is beautiful) and looking around the map really manages to immerse you. Only issue is the grenades sometimes bring down buildings. I brought down a church with a nade toss. Overall I really enjoy the new DLC and hope we get some more cold war army stuff.

Edit:
Link to the animation for the MG:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc1f81myIP8
Military Cross
Operation CRUSADER
Operation CHARIOTEER
Operation CROMWELL 2 VS
Operation WOLFHOUND

Messages In This Thread
Nerds can´t have fun. - by Cpl. S. Mikkelsen - 30-04-2019, 08:23 PM
RE: Nerds can´t have fun. - by Capt. J. Nielsen - 01-05-2019, 03:38 PM
RE: Nerds can´t have fun. - by O. Russell - 01-05-2019, 05:11 PM